Version 4.6.1 of the netCDF-C library is now available. This is primarily a maintenance release; highlights include:
- Reverted some new behaviors that, while in line with the netCDF specification, broke existing workflows.
- Corrected an issue which could result in a dap4 failure.
- Allow nccopy to control output filter suppresion.
- Improved support for CRT builds with Visual Studio, improves zlib detection in hdf5 library.
- Moved HDF4 into a distinct dispatch layer.
Note that due to ongoing issues, native CDF5 support is
disabled by default. (See the
section describing release 4.5.0-rc3 for information on how to enable CDF5 support.) You should
be aware that for the time being, reading/writing CDF5 files on 32-bit platforms may
result in unexpected behavior when using extremely large variables. For 32-bit platforms
it is best to continue using
Detailed information about the release is available in the Release Notes.
Complete information about using this release can be found in the NetCDF Documentation.
Source-code zip and tar.gz archives can be found on Unidata's NetCDF-C GitHub site.
Pre-built Windows binaries for use with Visual Studio) are available from this page.
Users of the netCDF FORTRAN and C++ Libraries Note
You can use the upgraded C library without upgrading your FORTRAN or C++ library.