NOAA is looking for two Surface Analysts (Meteorologist Interns) to work in the National Weather Service (NWS), National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP), Weather Prediction Center (WPC) in College Park, MD.
Meteorologist Interns perform the following duties:
- Interpret and analyze the effects of surface and upper-air data and other hydro meteorological phenomena to assist with developing weather, water, and climate forecasts and products.
- Observe and record atmospheric conditions to support office operations.
- Operate hydrometeorological processing systems including N-AWIPS and AWIPS.
- Operate communications systems to provide assistance with public outreach and weather briefings to a variety of customers.
- Support and participate in studies, storm summaries, and tropical, public, winter weather, and hydrologic programs.
- Collaborate with WFOs, RFCs, and other National Centers, and alert national partners and the general public of hazardous weather situations such as winter storms and heavy rainfall, including rainfall from landfalling hurricanes by issuing forecasts and outlooks in accordance with procedures.
The application process is open through March 28, 2018.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at: