MetPy 0.9.1 has been released. New features of the 0.9 series include:
wind_speed; the old name is still available but is deprecated and will be removed in 0.12
wind_direction; the old name is still available but is deprecated and will be removed in 0.12
wind_components; the old name is still available but is deprecated and will be removed in 0.12
- Added support for cross-sections along arbitrary lat/lon paths
parcel_profile_with_lclto compute the parcel profile and return values for the parcel profile, as well as the ambient pressure, temperature, and dew point that includes the lcl
- Fixed corner case problems in some thermodynamic calculations by using parcel profiles including the LCL
- Added function to get a matplotlib color from a GEMPAK color number
- Added CartoPy map feature for U.S. counties
get_test_datawill now automatically download and cache data files if the user is not running a git checkout of MetPy. This makes all of our test/example data much more easily available.
smooth_gaussian, which smooths a grid using a Gaussian distribution-shaped kernel; this is an analog of GEMPAK's
- Fixed error reading newer NEXRAD Level 2 files
@akrherz, @JoyMonteiro, @jthielen, @leouieda, @sgdecker, @jrleeman, and @dopplershift contributed code to this release.
For full release notes see the GitHub Release Page.
Let us know if you run into any problems, either at MetPy issue tracker, using email@example.com, or on the python-users list. You can also ask questions using the "MetPy" tag on Stack Overflow.