[IDV #MHH-143897]: fixed size glyphs for shapes in drawing control?

> One of my users wants to draw a bunch of rectangles on the
> georeferenced display at lat/lon
> locations.  I thought initially of having him use the idea of point
> obs from a text file, but then he said he would like to connect some
> of the points with a line....so then I thought about using the
> 'drawing control import' function and having him write a .xgrf file.
>
> The only problem with this is that the size of the rectangles is given
> by the coordinates....so, my question:  is there either any way to set
> the size of the rectangles that is independent of the lat/lon
> coordinates (and which would remain the same size as the user zooms
> in/out)?
>
> If not, would you recommend a combination of these two approaches
> (that is, create two text files: one for the 'station' points and one
> for the 'lines' in between)?

Hi Tom,

Right now there is nothing we can do with just one file. One thing I've thought
of doing is adding a shape symbol to the drawing tool but haven't yet. There is
a way of specifying a set of polygons in a location xml file but that draws the
line and then draws the location at the centroid.

Your idea is probably the best way to handle this now. We'll look into
extending the drawing tool.
-Jeff

Ticket ID: MHH-143897
Department: Support IDV