[IDV #ITR-809518]: IDV - bundles with image sequences under XP

Hi HP-

> >> Since at least couple of builds there is a problem with bundles animating
> >> image
> >> sequences under XP (not under Linux!). No images are shown, i.e. only a
> >> grey-coloured
> >> area indicates the area covered by the image. I suspect the bundle tries
> >> to use the
> >> "Image Display" and not the "Image Sequence Display". The Linux
> >> installation appears to handle
> >> this change automatically.
> >>

> > Can you send a bundle so I can look at it?
> Yes, see attachment. I did some changes to this bundle on 14 August
> (with nightly of 13 or 14 August), i.e. it was working then.

Unfortunately (for you), this bundle works fine for me. It still uses
the Image Sequence Display.  Only new image loads will use the
Image Display if Create Display is checked on the chooser.  BTW,
except for this issue, does the new Image Display work for you?
Nice image of Dean!

> > There should be no difference
> > between the XP and Windows version.  Did anything on your XP system
> > change (e.g. graphics driver update).
> >
> No. BTW: also bundles doing RGB sequences do not work give the same
> response.

It sort of seems like a graphics card issue since it works on
Linux.  Did you have a driver update on that system?

After loading in the bundle, does changing the pixel sampling in
the control window make the display appear (although reduced in resolution).

There should be no difference in the functionality of the Image Sequence
Display (famous last words. ;-)).  If you try loading in the images by
hand after loading the bundle, do you get any display or just the
grey screen?  What happens if you use the new Image Display?

Lastly, can you send me a screen shot of your display so I can
be sure I'm understanding  what you are seeing?

Thanks.

Don

Ticket ID: ITR-809518
Department: Support IDV