[IDV #ITR-809518]: IDV - bundles with image sequences under XP

HP-

> > Unfortunately (for you), this bundle works fine for me. It still uses
> > the Image Sequence Display.  Only new image loads will use the
> > Image Display if Create Display is checked on the chooser.  BTW,
> > except for this issue, does the new Image Display work for you?
> >
> Yes, I am pleased with her!

Glad to hear that.  Eventually, we want to move to having the
images displayed as they are downloaded.

> > Nice image of Dean!
> >
> It's on the home page of www.eumetsat.int (flash).

Very nice!

> >> No. BTW: also bundles doing RGB sequences do not work give the same
> >> response.
> >>

> > It sort of seems like a graphics card issue since it works on
> > Linux.  Did you have a driver update on that system?
> >
> Not that I know
> > After loading in the bundle, does changing the pixel sampling in
> > the control window make the display appear (although reduced in resolution).
> >
> Did not check this (see below why)
> > There should be no difference in the functionality of the Image Sequence
> > Display (famous last words. ;-)).  If you try loading in the images by
> > hand after loading the bundle, do you get any display or just the
> > grey screen?

Boy, that's really puzzling then.

> >   What happens if you use the new Image Display?
> >
> > Lastly, can you send me a screen shot of your display so I can
> > be sure I'm understanding  what you are seeing?
> >
> Zoomed-out display capture attached
>
> I have got afterthoughts because all of a sudden the bundle would just
> show a couple of images with "grey" images interspersed. We had this
> somewhere in autumn/winter last year. I have reduced the RAM from 14xx
> (which worked fine since spring) back to 10xx MB (having 2GB of RAM) ...
> and the bundle loads just as nicely as ever. Must have to do with memory
> allocation and v2.3?

If it was working earlier in the week, I don't know of anything
that we changed that would affect the memory allocation. I'm completely
stumped on that one.  The bundle is still using the Image Sequence
Display which hasn't changed in a couple of weeks.

One other thing to try is using the Windows Vista installer (should
work on XP) and see if that makes any difference using the higher
memory option.

Don

Ticket ID: ITR-809518
Department: Support IDV