[IDV #LFE-633121]: IDV - statistical operators

Good Morning (my time) HP-

> > Sorry for the delay in responding.  We just finished up on the training
> > workshops and are coming up for air.
> >
> Yes, I was aware of these workshops and the effort they ask for. Hope
> you have oxygenated well by this time.

I can now come up for air after getting the release out yesterday.

> >> Now to my question. I have seen a Task Force document dating 2002 that
> >> proposes to integrate simple statistical operators into IDV. Has there been
> >> some progress, or are there pluins I am not aware of? In particular I
> >> would be
> >> interested to have average and
> >> and standard error of an image sequence.
> >>

> > There are none in the standard library or in any plugins that I'm aware
> > of.  Do you want the average/std error over the entire sequence of all
> > pixels?
> > The Data Probe/Time Series will give the max/min/average over all times at
> > a point now.
> >
> Sorry, not having been accurate enough. What I would like is the
> statistics over the displayed image, image by image (not over the whole
> sequence). Actually, it would be even nicer if this could be done over a
> selected sub-area of the the display (but having to blow up the display
> to this area is acceptable).

This might be possible  using the Jython Display Control and some
Jython, but I'll have to check with Jeff on that one.

> BTW This brings back memories of scatter plots. What is status there? Of
> course, we are approaching HYDRA functionalities here, and I do not know
> what plans are there exactly as regards "fusion" of McIDAS/HYDRA with IDV!

It's still on "the list", but HYDRA might beat us to it.

Don

Ticket ID: LFE-633121
Department: Support IDV