[IDV #AGG-800618]: Displaying cyclone guidance numerical models in the IDV

> I downloaded the latest nightly build from last night and have
> successfully installed it.  I have also opened the track.xidv bundle
> which you sent me yesterday and opened it in the IDV.  The display shows
> up great; however, is there a way to find out which model is which?
THere is a field in the point data (TECH I think) which is the model.
The track layout model that is in the bundle uses the TECH field to show a
couple
of the different models using different shapes. Bring up the Layout Model editor
and look at the properties of the shape. You should see a mapping of "NGX" and
"CARQ"
which you can add to or change.

> Also, is there a certian way to project the track data so that it is
> easier to define on the map?
Do you mean to draw a track line? Right now we don't do that but it is
something on our todo
list.

> In regards to the aep992007.dat.tmp5 ASCII text file which I sent
> yesterday in the attachment, I tried to open it in the new nightly
> build, but it continues to say "The data file does not contain any meta
> data".  This is the same message I received yesterday when I tried to
> open the data file.  Below the message it says "Sample Value", "Name",
> "Unit/Date Format", "Missing Value", and I am having a very difficult
> time understanding what this means.  Is there a way that I can use the
> data information that lies within the attached file that you sent
> yesterday to modify the file which I am trying to open so that it may work?

Yes. Load in the track bundle. Bring up the properties editor for the track
data source.
Under the "Point Meta-data" tab you can see the meta data we used for the data.
This allows
you to define the name of each column, unit, etc.
In the upper right there is a "Preferences" button. Click on that and choose
"Save".
Enter a name.

Now, when you load in new data you can just select that named preference and
the form will
be filled out.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: AGG-800618