[IDV #BHH-325589]: IDV - Vertical Probes

Hi-

We just released a beta version of the IDV that includes
a vertical probe with multiple parameters.  If you want to check
it out, you can download the beta version at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/stable

Feedback on this feature would be appreciated.

Don Murray

> > Institution: LMA
> > Package Version: 2.1
> > Operating System: Debian Linux 4.0 (unstable)
> > Hardware Information: Acer Aspire 1692
> > Inquiry: Hi, I've started using IDV some days ago, and I've been unable to
> > do this:
> > Show two vertical probes in the same graph. I know the program can draw
> > various probes, but one per image, so, is it possible to draw a vertical
> > probe with two parameters at the same time?
>
> Not at this time.
>
> > If is isn't at this moment, is there any plan for a future implementation
> > of that?
>
> We are going to look at using the JChart package that we use for
> plotting some other graphs to display some of these probes.  At
> that point, it might be possible to do what you want.  At this point,
> we don't have a timetable.
>
> > Will I be able to add that functionality to the program myself, or is it
> > hard enough for only one person?
>
> I guess it depends on your programming skill.  We recently added some
> of the JChart functionality to the Data Probe control (in the nightly
> build - http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly) so
> you could use that as a guide.  It would be a bit of work, but if
> you are willing, we could guide you along.
>
> Don Murray

Ticket ID: BHH-325589
Department: Support IDV