[IDV #BHH-325589]: IDV - Vertical Probes

Hi-

> Institution: LMA
> Package Version: 2.1
> Operating System: Debian Linux 4.0 (unstable)
> Hardware Information: Acer Aspire 1692
> Inquiry: Hi, I've started using IDV some days ago, and I've been unable to do
> this:
> Show two vertical probes in the same graph. I know the program can draw
> various probes, but one per image, so, is it possible to draw a vertical
> probe with two parameters at the same time?

Not at this time.

> If is isn't at this moment, is there any plan for a future implementation of
> that?

We are going to look at using the JChart package that we use for
plotting some other graphs to display some of these probes.  At
that point, it might be possible to do what you want.  At this point,
we don't have a timetable.

> Will I be able to add that functionality to the program myself, or is it hard
> enough for only one person?

I guess it depends on your programming skill.  We recently added some
of the JChart functionality to the Data Probe control (in the nightly
build - http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly) so
you could use that as a guide.  It would be a bit of work, but if
you are willing, we could guide you along.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: BHH-325589
Department: Support IDV