[IDV #AZM-687357]: Images for the WWW

> Works just great Jeff, however I have one problem with the naming
> schema. It creates the images, and places them in a set directory.
>
> I`ll be using the images on the www, but the problem is the image
> names will be changing with each update/run (0z,6z etc).
>
> At the moment they are named like: image_10_2007_02_20_12_00_00Z.png
>
> That`s the 10th image taken from the 00z GFS. Then next run would be
> the 06z and it will likely be named: image_10_2007_02_20_18_00_06Z.png
> or something like that. This would mean having these images online on
> a website would cause issues, the images would break every six hours
> because the name changed.
>
> Is there a way to set permanent names for each image, something like
> 12hrGFS850temp.png 18hrGFS850temp.png and so forth? That way the link
> to these images would remain in tact on the www.

You can define an imagetemplate in the movie tag:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/ImagesAndMovies.html
but that is used for all images. But you want to give each individual image a
different
name. Right now you the isl does not support that.

However, you could write out the
images using some template so you know the image names (e.g., image0.png,
image1.png, etc.)
Then, if the ISL had a file rename command you could just rename. But it
doesn't (we'll
add it to the todo list.) So you could write some jython that renames the files:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/BasicTags.html#jython
Or write a shell script and exec it:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/BasicTags.html#exec

-Jeff