[IDV #AZM-687357]: Images for the WWW

Hi Robert,
I added your request into our support system.
In the future for direct correspondence just send mail to
address@hidden
That way we can track it, etc.

> I wonder if you could enlighten me on multiple forecast hours and
> scripting them for batch files/automation.
>
> Say I wanted to download the latest NAM 80km conus grib, I would like
> to ingest all the forecast hours from 0 to 84hrs in one shot. Can this
> be done, and if so can these individual hours be exported as
> individual png images instead of a looping movie.
>
> Right now, I can create a bundle and script, but for one forecast hour
> at a time and export the display/capture in the script. However, I`m
> unsure about scripting for all the forecast hours at once.

Assuming you simply want to capture an image for each time step just create
your display
of the model data using all times. Then in your isl you can use the movie tag
without a file attribute. This will generate the images but not produce a movie.
From the docs:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/isl/ImagesAndMovies.html

    If no file attribute is specified then this just generates the images, not
the movie. For example, you can not specify
    the file name but do specify the imagedir and this will generate the images
and place them in the imagedir for later processing.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: AZM-687357
Department: Support IDV