[IDV #ECE-648048]: IDV Help Please: Importing Raw Data

Hi Jess,

> My name is Jessica Parker, representing a group of students at the
> University of Michigan working on a term project using IDV. We recently
> collected meteorological data from Greenland and would like to use IDV to
> present our finings. We are having some problems transferring the raw data
> into IDV to produce cool images. The data is surrently in a text file. If
> you can give a tutorial or manual or anything to point us in the right
> direction that would be awesome. If you cannot help or know of anyone else
> that would provide relevant support that would be fine as well.

What kind of data is it? If its observations then it isn't too hard to
import into the IDV in a CSV text file format. See for example:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg01369.html
Basically you need to have two header lines that define
the fields.

If its not observation data what type of data it it?

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ECE-648048
Department: Support IDV