[IDD #ZLR-226723]: Data from idd.unidata

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply... we had two days off at the end of the week
last week for our Thanksgiving holiday.

re:
> How can we be allowed to receive data from the machine idd.unidata.ucar.edu?
> We are the Marine Meteorological Service (Brazil Navy) and users of
> IDD/LDM/Gempak, and we want to receive data from UNIDATA as a security mode
> if CPTEC data (idd.cptec.inpe.br) are unavailable.

We (Unidata Program Center/UCAR) typically do not feed non-educational
institutions
off of IDD relay nodes that we operate since we are funded by the National
Science
Foundation (NSF) to support the mostly U.S.-based educational and research
communities.  We make exceptions to this rule only when there is a measurable
benefit to the Unidata community at-large.  Also, ** please note ** that we do
not/can not guarantee delivery of data is clearly spelled-out in the Data Use
Policy on our website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  Data (please read the initial paragraph)
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/

    ...guidelines for using these data, and a factsheet for a brief overview
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/data_usage.html#data

We are willing to discuss whether a backup feed to your site from either
idd.unidata.ucar.edu or idd.cise-nsf.gov will have a benefit to the Unidata
community at-large.

re:
> Data:
> ldm.smm.mil.br
> 189.21.67.181

Comment:

- DNS does not appear to be setup/setup correctly for your machine:

$ nslookup ldm.smm.mil.br
Server:         157.92.28.1
Address:        157.92.28.1#53

** server can't find ldm.smm.mil.br: NXDOMAIN

$ nslookup 189.21.67.181
Server:         157.92.28.1
Address:        157.92.28.1#53

** server can't find 181.67.21.189.in-addr.arpa: NXDOMAIN

Ticket ID: ZLR-226723
Department: Support IDD