Re: [gembud] GOES17 plotting via gpmap

Scott,
Some follow-up on the color reversal.  To make sure my system is behaving
"normal" I plotted a Goes15 IR image with gpmap:
GAREA= 19.3;-148.3;52.2;-84.4
lutfil=sabir.tbl
DEVICE=  gif|Goes15-IR-test.gif|1000;700

which produces a normal looking image:
http://www.met.sjsu.edu/weather/images/test/Goes15-IR-test.gif

Then, using the same gpmap parameters, aside from the positive longitude
and different name, I plotted a GOES17 image:
GAREA= 19.3;148.3;52.2;84.4
 DEVICE=  gif|Goes17-CH2-sabir.gif|1000;700

which indeed produces an image with the colors reversed.
http://www.met.sjsu.edu/weather/images/test/Goes17-CH2-sabir.gif

(Also, the positive latitudes work, but there is clearly something
different there as well)

So, the question now I guess is to understand if this is a feature in
GEMPAK, and I need to create work around tables with the colors reversed as
Scott mentioned, or whether there something about the Goes16-17.nc files
that's "off", or might there be another explanation.  I'm a little
surprised that I'm the only one having this issue.

Thanks for any comments or advice.
-Mike

--
Mike Voss