Version 4.7.3 of the netCDF-C library is now available.
Changes in the netCDF-C library include (but are not limited to):
- Fixed an issue where installs from tarballs would not properly compile in parallel environments.
- The library was modified so that rewriting the same attribute happens without deleting the attribute, to avoid a limit on how many times this may be done in HDF5.
- Add a dispatch version number to
libnetcdf.settings, in case we decide to change dispatch table in future.
- Now testing that endianness can only be set on atomic ints and floats.
- Fix for subtle error involving var and unlimited dim of the same name, but unrelated, in netCDF-4.
- Update for attribute documentation.
- Corrected assignment of anonymous (a.k.a. phony) dimensions in an HDF5 file. Now when a dataset uses multiple dimensions of the same size, netcdf assumes they are different dimensions.
Detailed information about the release is available in the Release Notes.
Complete information about using this release can be found in the NetCDF Documentation.
Source-code zip and tar.gz archives can be found on Unidata's NetCDF-C GitHub site.
Pre-built Windows binaries for use with Visual Studio) are available from this page.