- GFS Vertical Velocity parameter changed from VVEL (pascals/s) to DZDT (m/s)
- GFS Precip Accumulations changed from hourly/3-hourly/6-hourly accumulation to total accumulation over the forecast period
CAVE usersFor those who connect to the Unidata cloud EDEX server, you will just need to remove the local caveData directory and restart CAVE:
- Exit out of current CAVE sessions
- Remove the caveData directory on your machine. This is located:
- Windows: C:/Users/[your-user]/caveData
- Mac: /Users/[your-user]/Library/caveData
- Linux: /home/[your-user]/caveData
- Start a new CAVE session connect to "edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu"
EDEX usersFor those who have a local EDEX running, we have put together a zip file that will update your configurations. The perl script will back-up the affected files that need to be updated and then copy over and replace with the new files. Once the updated files are in place, restart EDEX.
- Download zip file to your EDEX server:
- Unzip downloaded file
- Run the updateEDEX.pl
- Stop EDEX
- Start EDEX
Summary of EDEX changes:
- Update Models menu to point to new GFS bundles for the Precip Accumulation and Vertical Velocity
- Update the styleRules to show parameters in the correct units and colortables
- Update the post process precipitation accumulation to calculate total accumulation
Load Models > GFS 20km > 500MB Vertical Velocity
Notice the legend is now "Geometric Vertical Velocity" with units of (m*s^-1).
Load Models > GFS 20km > Precip Accumulation
Notice the change from hourly/3-hourly/6-hourly accumulation to total accumulation over the forecast period.
For AWIPS support contact: email@example.com