20020708: installing UDUNITS on a DEC Alpha

Yukiko Fukuda,

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: =?shift_jis?B?lZ+TY4FAl0aLSY5x?= <address@hidden>
> >Subject: May I ask a favor of you ?

> Could you please help me installing udunits.
>
> I Would like to use udunits on a DEC Alpha in Fortran.
> How do I install it ?
>
> ---------------------
> Yukiko Fukuda
> CTI CO., LTD.
> e-mail : address@hidden

Please try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory of the UDUNITS package.

    2.  Perform steps 3 and 4 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

    3.  Set the CC and LIBS environment variables, e.g.

            export CC=/bin/cc
            export LIBS=-lm

    4.  Set the environment variable FC to the pathname of your Fortran
        compiler, e.g.

            export FC=/bin/f77

    5.  If you want the UDUNITS extension module for perl, then
        set the PERL environment variable to the pathname of your perl
        utility, e.g.

            export PERL=/usr/local/bin/perl

        If you do not want or need the UDUNITS extension module for
        perl, then set the PERL environment variable to the empty
        string, e.g.

            export PERL=

    6.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,