20020722: installing udunits-1.11.7 in Solaris8

Luiz,

> To: address@hidden
> From: luiz <address@hidden>
> Subject: installing udunits-1.11.7 in Solaris8

> Please sir, I'm installing udunits-1.11.7 in my host solaris8 -2.8 and
> I  received error message, see log file.
>

> Please, Have You binary file exe running on solaris 7 or 8 ?

Sorry, we don't have a binary distribution of the UDUNITS package for
SunOS 5.8.

The problem you are having:

> making `all' in directory /export/home0/pci/udunits-1.11.7/src/lib
>
> ln -s ../port/misc/udalloc.c .
> ln -s ../port/misc/udalloc.h .
> cc -c -O -I../port/misc -I../port/cfortran
> -DUT_DEFAULT_PATH='"/export/home0/pci/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat"' utlib.c
> "../port/cfortran/cfortran.h", line 931: too many formals: AA
> "../port/cfortran/cfortran.h", line 931: too many formals: AB
> "../port/cfortran/cfortran.h", line 931: too many formals: AC

comes from using an old-style (K&R I) C compiler rather than a Standard
C compiler. To build either the netCDF package or the UDUNITS package,
you must use a Standard C compiler.

To use a particular C compiler to build the UDUNITS package, do the
following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Set your environment variables as before.

    4.  Set the environment variable CC to the absolute pathname of the
        Standard C compiler, e.g.

            CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/c89 export CC

        or

            setenv CC /opt/SUNWspro/bin/c89

    5.  Perform steps 4 through 7 in the INSTALL file in the "IF
        PROBLEMS OCCUR" section.

If you do not have a Standard C compiler, then you will be unable to
build either the UDUNITS or netCDF packages.

Please let me know if this helps.