[THREDDS #FYW-620774]: TDS: forward slashes only in "location"?

Hi Rich,

> I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong with
> TDS4.0 running locally serving local data on my PC.
>
> In the end, I figured out that TDS4.0 requires forward slashes instead
> of backward slashes.  So
>
> This works:   <netcdf
> location="c:/rps/cf/coastwatch/2009_009_1710_aqua_ex1_Rrs667.hdf"/>
>
> This doesn't:   <netcdf
> location="c:\rps\cf\coastwatch\2009_009_1710_aqua_ex1_Rrs667.hdf"/>

I'm surprised at that and on a quick look at the code didn't find anything that
looked like it would prohibit backslashes. I'll dig deeper and look for the
culprit.

> Has it always been this way?

I'm not sure where 3.17 stands on this. At one point in 3.x land, we definitely
did not allow backslashes in the path. I thought backslashes were allowed in
3.x and 4.0 but something may have snuck back in.

> I tried to find documentation on this, but probably didn't look hard enough.

I'm guessing a hard look would find that this detail is not in the
documentation. I'll check and fix that if it is the case.

> I thought I had used backwards slashes in earlier versions, but perhaps not.
>
> I'm passing this along just in case it's a bug.

Thanks. Definitely a bug.

Ethan

Ticket ID: FYW-620774
Department: Support THREDDS