Re: problem about using datasetScan

Hi Chengfang,

Do you have the THREDDS Data Server (TDS) installed? The TDS is
described here (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/#TDS)
with links to the war file and further documentation.

From the main TDS documentation
(http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/docs/), the "Getting Started"
page (http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/docs/GettingStarted.html)
is probably the best place to start.

Once you have the TDS installed, the main catalog resides at
${tomcat_home}/content/thredds/catalog.xml. Other catalogs can reside in
that directory or subdirectories but they all have to be linked by
catalogRef from the main catalog.xml. Any of these catalogs can contain
datasetScan elements.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Ethan

chengfang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a new user and want to generate catalog using datasetScan. I already
> have testing dataset on server, after I read the webpage of "Automatic
> Catalog Generation using <datasetScan>", I still have no idea about the
> detail steps. Could you please let me know when where and how I place the XML
> which containing datasetScan element to generate catalog?
>

> Thanks
>
> Chengfang
> 2006-04-24

Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690
UCAR Unidata Program Center                   E-mail:    address@hidden
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/