[netCDF #XSR-678607]: Problem installing netcdf4

Hello Kamen,

It looks like the file that's failing is `run_nc4_tests.sh` in the `ncgen`
directory.  This is a rather old version of netcdf, the latest full release is
`4.3.3.1`.  This can be downloaded from
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases/v4.3.3.1.  You might give this a
try to see if the issue persists.  Also, when building hdf5, you will need to
enable the high-level library by passing '--enable-hl' in addition to the other
flags you've specified.

Please give these changes a try (recent netcdf version, high-level hdf5
library) and let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks, I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build netcdf 4.2.8 from source, as it is needed to run our
> numerical model.
> It installs fine, but the installation doesn't pass all the tests when I
> run sudo make check install.
> I am attaching the output from this command. Could you help me out?
> I am running on a Mac OSX Yosemite. Below are the steps I have taken so far .
>
> - Installed HDF4 (hdf-4.2.8) from source, ran:
> sudo ./configure âdisable-netcdf âprefix=/usr/local
> sudo make install
>
> - Installed HDF5 (hdf5-1.8.9 (netcdf-4 dependency)) from source, ran:
> sudo CFLAGS=-O0 ./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/usr/local
> sudo make install
>
> - Installed NetCDF4 (netcdf-4.2.1.1) from source, ran:
> sudo CFLAGS=â-I/usr/local/includeâ LDFLAGS=â-L/usr/local/libâ
> ./configure
> â-prefix=/usr/local --enable-netcdf-4 --disable-shared
> --disable-dap-remote-tests
> sudo make install
>

> Thanks,
> Kamen