[netCDF #QUZ-629772]: Problems installing NetCDF 4.3.3.1 with gcc 5.2.0

Hi Adam,

From the config.log file you sent,  I see the following:

````
configure:4416: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:4438: gcc   -L/soft/hdf4/4.2.11/gnu-5.2/lib conftest.c -lsz -ljpeg >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsz
````

So, it looks like the issue is a failure when looking for the szip library.
What happens if you try running `./configure --disable-dap --disable-netcdf-4`
?  This should disable most external dependencies, and it should help us see if
the issue is specific to gcc 5, or if the issue is related to the dependencies
it is looking for.

Thanks, I hope this helps!

-Ward

> Hello,
>
> I tried installing NetCDF 4.3.3.1 with gcc 5.2.0 but ran into the following
> error message:
>
> checking whether the C compiler works... no
> configure: error: in `/scratch/ajstewart/netcdf-4.3.3.1':
>
> There shouldn't be any problems with my gcc compiler. I successfully used it
> to build several other packages. Are there any known problems with NetCDF
> 4.3.3.1 and gcc 5.2.0?
>
> I attached my config.log file. If there's any more information you need from
> me let me know.
>
> Adam

Ticket ID: QUZ-629772
Department: Support netCDF