[McIDAS #JHH-629549]: Access to GOES-16 GLM Data

Hi Fred,

re:
> I would like to generate a convective product for GOES-16, and would
> like to overlay the GOES-16 GLM lightning data.

Sounds interesting.

re:
> Does Unidata have GLM lightning data which is accessible via ADDE?

I just setup three GLM datasets on lead.unidata.ucar.edu as type POINT (as
per instructions in the McIDAS v2017 DSSERVE HELP):

RTGOESR/GLMEVENT
RTGOESR/GLMFLASH
RTGOESR/GLMGROUP

I have not tried doing anything with this dataset yet, so I will not be
able to answer many, if any, questions on how to use them.

HELP DSSERVE shows the following for GLM data:

   You can access GOES-R Series (GOES-16 and later) netCDF Geostationary
   Lightning Mapper (GLM) point files with the GLMDISP, GLMLIST and PT*
   commands by using DSSERVE to assign a dataset name to the files. When
   doing so, specify "GLMN" in the 'format' parameter, TYPE=POINT, the
   directory and file masks to the netCDF point files in the DIRFILE keyword,
   and the configuration file that maps the netCDF file parameter names to
   McIDAS parameter names in the INFO keyword. Three configuration files for
   GLM data are provided in the ~mcidas/data directory: GLM_EVENT.cfg,
   GLM_FLASH.cfg and GLM_GROUP.cfg.

Ticket ID: JHH-629549
Department: Support McIDAS