[McIDAS #DZN-645110]: McIDAS, CentOS, solid-state drive and Windows 10

Hi Kwan,

Thanks for the interesting and useful information on accessing
VMware drives from Windows.  I have not needed to use this kind of
access (I guess I've been lucky), but having a reference to some
software aimed at doing recovery from such a drive should be useful
down the road.  My approach since day 1 has been to write/keep
perishable content on an external HD and then to back that drive
up periodically.  I have been meaning to setup a more robust mechanism
for quite some time, but I have not done the work... yet.

As I understand your situation, you had a number of scripts inside
of your VM which you have lost access to since your disk crash.
This really is a bummer!  Most of the "stuff" that I keep inside
of my VM can be recreated (with some difficulty), so the thing that
really causes me to panic is the thought of losing my external HD
and the information on it.

Ticket ID: DZN-645110
Department: Support McIDAS