[McIDAS #WEV-606106]: Setting up a local ADDE server for Himawari

> Tom,
> I'm going to be pulling Himawari data (netCDF) from a site in Australia
> for an upcoming field campaign. I'd like to plot these imagery via McIDAS
> but I think I need to set up a local ADDE for this. I'm not finding clear
> cut directions for the ADDE setup on the web. Can you point me in the right
> direction? Do I just add the file patterns to my RESOLV.SRV like we did for
> GOES-16?

Since I've never setup an ADDE dataset to serve Himawari data, all all I
can go on is the snippit from the HELP for DSSERVE:

***********************  Himawari Dataset Remarks  ***********************
   You can access Himawari HSD (Himawari Standard Data) format files with
   the IMG* commands by using DSSERVE to assign a dataset name to the
   files. When doing so, specify "WARI" in the 'format' parameter,
   TYPE=IMAGE, and the directory and file masks in the DIRFILE keyword.
   The file names must match the JMA HSD image file naming convention,
   HS_aaa_yyyymmdd_hhnn_Bbb_cccc_Rjj_Skkll.DAT, described in the Himawari
   Standard Data User's Guide.

   You can access HimawariCast HRIT files in the JMA standard (segmented
   or combined) format with the IMG* commands by using DSSERVE to assign a
   dataset name to the files. When doing so, specify "WARC" in the 'format'
   parameter, TYPE=IMAGE, and the directory and file masks in the DIRFILE
   keyword. The names of files should look similar to
   IMG_DK01B16_201508290810_010 or IMG_DK01IR2_201601120130.

So, it looks like McIDAS supports two formats for Himawari data: HSD
and HimawariCast HRIT.  The thing that jumps out at me is the need for
the files to be named in a specific way (just like the GRB GOES-16
ABI images).

Ticket ID: WEV-606106
Department: Support McIDAS