[McIDAS #XEU-294866]: Fw: McIDAS-X version 2017.2

Hi Bob,

re:
> With the upcoming operational transition of GOES-east to GOES-16, I was
> interested in
> the current status of the Unidata version McIDAS-X 2017.2 release.

I have been working on the ADDE server and calibration modules for the GOES-16
imagery that is being distributed in NOAAPort.  I have been struggling with
what does and does not need to be included in the calibration module to the
point where I finally asked for guidance from SSEC developers.  Just this
afternoon I got a much needed perspective on what I should be doing to fully
support the GOES-16 imagery in NOAAPort and the MCSTRETCH environment that was
added as a new feature in the SSEC v2017.2 distribution.  How much longer it
will
take me to complete the code modifications I need to make after getting the
information I needed today is unknown, but I _hope_ that it is less than a week.

Since I will be making no additional changes to the SSEC core from in my full
release that is not already in my pre-release, I feel OK in making the Unidata
v2017 pre-release available to you now.  I would ask, however, that we
coordinate
your access so I can remove the pre-release so that others won't download
it by mistake.  Just so you know, Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD v2017 (will) contains
all of the SSEC versions 2017.1 and 2071.2.

re:
> Also, do you know which Unidata ADDE server will carry GOES-16 data?

The GOES-16 imagery is already available via ADDE on one of our motherlode
class data servers, lead.unidata.ucar.edu.  We will be making it available on
additional motherlode class servers between now and when GOES-16 assumes the
role of GOES-East in January.

The ADDE group name for the GOES-16 imagery is RTGOESR, and you can use
DSINFO to find out the various descriptor names in RTGOESR.

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.  Please let me know if you would like access to my v2017
pre-release.

Ticket ID: XEU-294866
Department: Support McIDAS