[McIDAS #JTG-722928]: installation error

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the silence.  Working on a GOES-R funding proposal has taken
up all of my time over the past week+.

re:
> I may give it another go on Thursday and see if I can source it correctly.
>
> I assume since it compiled and installed without error, that it has
> something to do with the bash profile, but that is just a guess.

Just so you know, the non-'mcidas' user needs to source a different
environment setting file than the user 'mcidas'.  If you are
sourcing mcidas' .bash_profile file from the 'awips' login, you
are making things too hard.

Please see the:

Configuring a New User Account
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/ConfiguringaNewUserAccount.html

portion of the Unidata McIDAS-X User's Guide for instructions.

re:
> If I am not able to resolve the issue, would you be available to view my
> system?

Sure, I'm happy to login to your system and poke around.  You will have
to (re)send me the login details as I don't have the access information
you sent previously.  If you decide to send the credentials via email,
please do so WITHOUT mention of the account(s) to which password(s)
apply and WITHOUT mention of the machine name for which the credentials
apply.  You will, however, need to let me know the name of your machine
in a separate email.

Ticket ID: JTG-722928
Department: Support McIDAS