[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

re:
> Is it possible if you can put the range from blue to red. I guess a
> suggestion would be blue for 0, green (low values), yellow (moderate
> values) and red to (high) values?

Sure.  The command you will use is EU (Enhancement Utility).

A very simple answer to your question is:

- load the image as before

  The default enhancement associated with a frame (enhancements
  and graphic tables are associated with frames, not the image)
  will be a gray scale enhancement that maps display values of
  0-255 from black (0) to white (255) evenly.

- modify the enhancement in the frame using EU:

EU MAKE 0 255 BLUE RED

- you can use EU to make new enhancements by specifying colors/
  color ranges mapped to display values

- there are a lot of enhancements included in the McIDAS distribution

  To see all of the pre-made enhancements that are available to you,
  run:

EU LIST

- you can load a pre-made enhancements (on at a time).  Here are some
  examples (examine the result after each line is run):

EU REST BREF24

EU REST IRSHORT

EU REST IMGRGB

EU REST IMAGE

EU REST         <- the default when no enhancement is specified is
                   EU REST IMAGE

Check out the enhancement section of the online Workshop Tutorial or
Learning Guide:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software