[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

re:
> I see so I first have to display the effective radius images. Then Use the
> EU command?

Since an enhancement is associated with a frame, not an image, you
can set the enhancement first and then load the image.  The typical
way that people set the enhancement is either in the IMGDISP command
line itself or after the image is displayed.

Here are two invocations that should result in the exact same display:

First, include everything in the IMGDISP command line:

SF 1
ERASE F
IMGDISP G13/VIS27APR11 1 DAY=11117 TIME=19:02 20:45 LATLON=33 87 MAG=1 -2
REFRESH ='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL;MAP COUNTY= ALL STATE=MS AL GA MCOL=8' EU=BREF24

NB: remember if you are cutting and pasting the IMGDISP command line is one line

Second, break out the various extra commands into individually executed
commands:

SF 2
ERASE F
IMGDISP G13/VIS27APR11 2 DAY=11117 TIME=19:02 20:45 LATLON=33 87 MAG=1 -2
EU REST BREF24
MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL
MAP COUNTY= ALL STATE=MS AL GA MCOL=8

Now, setup a loop with frames 1 and 2 and turn on looping so you can
see the effect of both ways of loading the image:

LB 1 2
TERM L ON

You can turn off looping in two equivalent ways:

TERM L OFF

OR

L           <- one of a number of single letter McIDAS commands

All of this, by the way, is covered in the Workshop Tutorial and Learning
Guides (I provided the URLs in my previous email).

Ticket ID: BJT-176673
Department: Support McIDAS