[McIDAS #BXW-757836]: access to McIDAS-X

Hi Anup,

re:
> I have a username at UNIDATA website. However, I am unable to download
> unix or xp version of McIDAS-X. The download page show access error.
>
> Links that show access error.
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/Obtaini
> ngMcIDAS-XforXP.html
>
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/mcidas

There are a couple of reasons why the download of McIDAS might fail
for you:

- the email address you are registered under is not a '.edu' address

  Unidata's license to distribute McIDAS is restricted to educational
  institutions.  Users who register with U.S. email addresses
  (like your address@hidden address) should be automatically
  granted access to the distributions); users registered with other
  email addresses (like your address@hidden) address have to be
  allowed on a case-by-case basis.

- there could be a problem with our website.  I will check this
  today

Question:

- what email address did you use to register with our website?

> Please let me know how to download or if there is a mirror to this
> program.

There is no mirror.  I am guessing that you were denied access because
you are registered with our site using your Gmail address.  If this is
the case, I will add your Gmail address to the list of sites allowed
to get McIDAS from us.

Ticket ID: BXW-757836