[Datastream #NIR-673465]: Central region new radar products

Hi Kevin,

re:
> We received the message below and an accompanying e-mail asking us if
> there will be McIDAS-XCD decoders to set up areas for these new products.
> I'm unsure if these Product 94 and Product 99 will be coming across
> NOAAPORT and how they relate to what is found at
> http://www.nws.noaa.gov/ops2/noaaport.html

They are and will be part of the NOAAPort broadcast.  The NOAAPort ingest
package puts these products in the NEXRAD3 IDD datastream.

re:
> Also, does the recent work done by Tom Yoksas (McIDAS-X inquiry 14708)
> handle these or not?

Yes.  The updates to the NEXRAD ADDE servers also provide support for
TDWR (Terminal Doppler Weather Radar) reflectivity and velocity products.

The Unidata McIDAS-X distribution has already been updated with the
changes and deployed on two of the toplevel server nodes that we
maintain: adde.ucar.edu adn ingest.cise-nsf.gov.  The datasets for
the products are:

Dataset        New products
--------------+-----------------------------
RTNEXRAD/N0Q   Base Reflectifity DR - Tilt 1
RTNEXRAD/NAQ   Base Reflectifity DR - Tilt 2
RTNEXRAD/N1Q   Base Reflectifity DR - Tilt 3
RTNEXRAD/NBQ   Base Reflectifity DR - Tilt 4
RTNEXRAD/N2Q   Base Reflectifity DR - Tilt 5
RTNEXRAD/N3Q   Base Reflectifity DR - Tilt 6
RTNEXRAD/N0U   Base Velocity DV - Tilt 1
RTNEXRAD/NAU   Base Velocity DV - Tilt 2
RTNEXRAD/N1U   Base Velocity DV - Tilt 3
RTNEXRAD/NBU   Base Velocity DV - Tilt 4
RTNEXRAD/N2U   Base Velocity DV - Tilt 5
RTNEXRAD/N3U   Base Velocity DV - Tilt 6
RTNEXRAD/DVL   Digital Vertical Liquid H2O
RTNEXRAD/EET   Enhanced Echo Tops

RTTDWR/TR0     Base Reflectivity TDWR - Tilt 1
RTTDWR/TR1     Base Reflectivity TDWR - Tilt 1
RTTDWR/TR2     Base Reflectivity TDWR - Tilt 1
RTTDWR/TZL     225 nmi Base Reflectivity TDWR
RTTDWR/TV0     Base Velocity TDWR - Tilt 1
RTTDWR/TV0     Base Velocity TDWR - Tilt 1
RTTDWR/TV0     Base Velocity TDWR - Tilt 1

Yesterday I made some additional mods to a few of the routines
that I checked in in Inquiry 14708 and also updated bar.f (BAR)
to support radar images with 256 display levels.  I will check
those mods in tomorrow (Friday).

> Thanks!

No worries.

> Kevin Baggett
> UW-SSEC
>
> 282
> NOUS72 KNCF 171503
> ADMNCF
> TO: CENTRAL REGION WFOS, PLEASE PASS TO THE
> ESA, SOO, AFP, ITO AND LEAD FORECASTER
> .
> SUBJECT: CENTRAL REGION WSR-88D PRODUCT ADDITIONS ON SBN
> .
> *** NO SITE ACTION REQUIRED ***
> .
> ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18 AT APPROXIMATELY 15Z, ALL CENTRAL REGION
> WFOS WILL START DISSEMINATING THE FOLLOWING WSR-88D RADAR
> PRODUCTS ON THE SBN:
> .
> BASE REFLECTIVITY PRODUCT 94 AT 0.5 AND 0.9 OR 1.5 ELEVATIONS
> BASE VELOCITY PRODUCT 99 AT 0.5 AND 0.9 OR 1.5 ELEVATIONS
> .
> THE CHANGE REQUIRES A RESTART OF THE RADARSERVER WHICH WILL
> TAKE A FEW SECONDS. DURING THE RADARSERVER RESTART NO RADAR
> DATA WILL BE LOST.
> .
> IF A CENTRAL REGION OFFICE NEEDS TO RESCHEDULE THIS FOR AN
> ALTERNATIVE DATE/TIME, CONTACT WAYNE MARTIN AT 301-713-1724 X166

Ticket ID: NIR-673465