[McIDAS #CTO-703043]: Using a local dataset in McIDAS

Hi Jennifer,

re:
> I am trying to use a local dataset of visible satellite imagery (in NETCDF
> form)
> in McIDAS. The command I am using is:
>
> DSSERVE ADD CASE/AUG03 NCDF TYPE=NCDF FILE='/path/name'
>
> It gives me an error that says I must enter a min and max file pair with this
> dataset.
> I'm not exactly sure what this means. So I basically just need help with the
> command
> to add my local dataset.

Unfortunately, McIDAS does not support reading of imagery in netCDF format.  It
does support writing netCDF-formatted imagery, however.  This may seem strange,
but
it is a result of an effort that was made to create images in netCDF format for
use in AWIPS.

Question:

- is it possible to get the image(s) you are interested in in a different
format?
  McIDAS does support reading of images in several different formats:

  AREA
  GINI
  NEXRAD Level III
  HDF4