[McIDAS #JZW-931485]: Help! I can't get McIDAS 2008 to compile under CentOS 5.2!

Hi Gilbert,

re: HELP!
> The header says it all.

:-)

> I just grabbed RPM's Dan Vietor made for me for
> jasper and NetCDF. It hates them. You got it working...tell me the secret!

Both Jasper and netCDF are bundled with McIDAS.  There is no need to install
them separately, and, even if you did, the McIDAS build should not use them.

> Does it involve endless hours of torture? I'm now into hour 5 of trying to
> get this to work, and I have to walk away. I have it on
> weather4.admin.niu.edu, if you want to try your luck at it. McIDAS/LDM
> passwords the same as weather.admin.niu.edu.

OK.  I have an upcoming meeting, so I won't be able to look at this until later.

Ticket ID: JZW-931485
Department: Support McIDAS