[McIDAS #CTO-703043]: Using a local dataset in McIDAS

Hi Jennifer,

re:
> I thought that I wouldn't be able to get the NetCDF files to work but I
> thought that I would give it a try.

It is always good to try! :-)

> I also some visible satellite data that is in the AREA format. Would the
> command that I typed below still work and I would just have to replace
> "NCDF" with "AREA"? Because I am still getting the same error as before.
> Thanks!

Try the following:

DSSERVE ADD CASE/AUG03 AREA DIRFILE=/path/name/mask "August 03 VIS Case Study
Images

Replace '/path/name/mask' with a regular expression statement that will list
out the file(s) you want to use in McIDAS.  Test this regular expression outside
of McIDAS using the 'ls' command:

ls /path/name/mask        <- again, replace '/path/name/mask'

Once you have successfully run the DSSERVE command, test access using:

IMGLIST CASE/AUG03.ALL
IMGDISP CASE/AUG03 EU=IMAGE
etc.

Ticket ID: CTO-703043