[McIDAS #ZRN-650937]: ask for access for MCIDAS

Hi Andrea,

re:
> I am Andrea Nagy.

It is a pleasure to meet you, if only electronically!

> I working on my MSc thesis in EÃtvÃs LorÃnd University in Hungary.
> I am working with MSG satellite images from the Eumetsat archives
> (McIdas files). Would it be possible to give me access to download
> McIdas-X software? It will be very helpful.

This sounds like a very good use of McIDAS!

In order to allow non-'.edu' users (users whose email addresses do not end
in '.edu') have access to our distribution of McIDAS-X, we are required by
SSEC, the owners/developers of McIDAS, to have those users agree to the
following:

  SSEC considers permissible users of the international university community
  to be those who are using McIDAS-X for academic classroom instruction or
  academic research by students related to obtaining a degree. Research
institutes
  and government agencies that use McIDAS-X for meteorological research or
  operations must purchase a license from SSEC for the non-academic use. Given
  this clarification, and if Unidata users remain within the licensing terms
  that include no re-distribution of any portion of the software, SSEC is
agreeable
  to providing this software to the international university Unidata user
community.

So, we need a clear statement from you that specifies all of the following:

- you are accessing McIDAS from Unidata for use in a university
- McIDAS must be used for academic classroom instruction or academic research
  by students related to obtaining a degree
- your installation of McIDAS is not for use by a government agency,
non-academic
  research institute, or private concern
- you agree that you will not re-distribute any portion of the software

As soon as you state that your use of Unidata McIDAS will conform to the items
above, we will add your address@hidden email address to the list that allows
downloading of Unidata McIDAS.

> Many thanks for your help in advance!

I apologize for the hassle in granting you access to Unidata McIDAS!

> Andrea Nagy
> meteorologist student, EÃtvÃs LorÃnd University, Natural Science Faculty,
> Department of Meteorology
> http://nimbus.elte.hu
> http://nimbus.elte.hu/hallgatok/4.html

Ticket ID: ZRN-650937