[LDM #EYZ-451528]: Receiving Feedtype in LDM

> Actually, I always receive the feedtype IDS|DDPLUS via the command
> "ldmadmin start -v", all I get are still different kinds of meteorological
> data, I cannot find the log message like current time and created-time in
> IDS_DDPLU.txt. Is the log message in other file but not in /var/data/? I am
> confused  about this.

Messages should be logged to ~ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log. Tell me if they're not.

> The entries in ldmd.conf as below:
>
> EXEC    "pqact"
> REQUEST IDS|DDPLUS      .*      idd.unidata.ucar.edu
>
> In pqact.conf, I have entry:
>
> IDS|DDPLUS
> ^(..)(..).. .... (..)(..)
> FILE
> IDS_DDPLUS.txt
>
> Should I add more entry to save the log message?

Because you're not interested in the data, itself, you should not have an EXEC
entry for pqact(1) in the LDM configuration-file: the log file contains the
information you're interested in.

> 2. Another issue is that the UVA FDT clock should synchronized with UCAR
> server clock.
> In /etc/ntp.conf, the setting of UVA FDT clock server is:
>
> server owamp.wash.net.internet2.edu iburst # Internet2 - WashingtonDC, USA
> server owamp.seat.net.internet2.edu iburst # Internet2 - Seattle, WA USA
> server owamp.newy.net.internet2.edu iburst # Internet2 - New York, NY USA
> server owamp.hous.net.internet2.edu iburst # Internet2 - Houston, TX USA
>
> I think our FDT should synchronize UCAR's clock server or the time server
> which UCAR

Because the time resolution of the log messages is only one second, it
shouldn't matter what time server you synchronize to.

Ticket ID: EYZ-451528