[LDM #EYZ-451528]: Receiving Feedtype in LDM

Xiang,

> 1.Actually, there is rsyslogd(8) in our FDT, and I stop the syslog-ng(8)
> and start the rsyslog service.
>
> In rsyslog.conf, there is the entry:
>
> # Unidata LDM:
> local0.*        /home/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log
>
> 2.So I run "ldmadmin start -v" again, but here comes the new issues:
>
> address@hidden ~]$ ldmadmin start -v
> The product-queue is OK.
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> hupsyslog: couldn't open /var/run/syslogd.pid
> new_log(): Couldn't notify system logging daemon
> start_ldm(): Couldn't rotate log files
>
> 3.I see someone had the same hupsyslog problem in 2005, and can be solved
> by the command: "sudo make install_setuids".
> But when I use this command, it comes that:
>
> address@hidden ~]$ make install_setuids
> make: *** No rule to make target `install_setuids'.  Stop.
>
> Any hints?

The command "make install_setuids" should be "make root-actions" and must be
executed in the top-level source-directory.

> Regards,
> Xiang Ji
> Steve,
> PS: actually , there is only rsyslogd.pid in /var/run folder, so I change
> the MACRO in config.h from syslogd.pid
> #define SYSLOG_PIDFILE "/var/run/rsyslogd.pid".
>
> And I should rebuild the hupsyslog(1) utility, but when I make install:
>
> address@hidden hupsyslog]$ make install
> depbase=`echo hupsyslog.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..   -I/usr/include/libxml2  -g -MT
> hupsyslog.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o hupsyslog.o hupsyslog.c &&\
> mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
> make: *** No rule to make target `../lib/libldm.la', needed by
> `hupsyslog'.  Stop.
>
> How to fix this?

Start over. Go to the top-level source-directory and execute the following
commands:

    make distclean
    ./configure --disable-root-actions
    make install
    sudo make root-actions # you might have to use su(1) instead

Ticket ID: EYZ-451528