[IDV #HOP-918258]: Problem with IDV, and can't get access to large swaths of the Unidata website, particularly support areas

Jim,

Please resubmit this ticket via the Help --> Support Request Form menu
item in the IDV. We will be able to obtain many more diagnostics about
your system that will allow us to better diagnosis the problem.

Also, are you running the IDV via webstart?

I'll contact our sys admin about the web site issues. We have had to
redo a lot of things as a result of a security break-in a few weeks
ago. The problems could be fallout from that event.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi.
>
> Iâm having a problem with IDV, but I canât get to any of the support
> areas of the Unidate website to see if I can find help!  I also canât get
> to McIDAS downloads or a number of other pages.
>
> My particular problem with IDV is that when I start IDV, the splash screen
> gets stuck on âLoading defaultsâ.  The main window opens, but when I try
> to create a display it goes busy when I press the âCreate Displayâ button
> and doesnât ever complete.
>
> Grace and peace,
>
> Jim Biard
>
> Visit us on
> Facebook      Jim Biard
> Research Scholar
> Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC
> North Carolina State University
> NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
> 151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
> e: address@hidden