[IDV #HOP-918258]: Problem with IDV, and can't get access to large swaths of the Unidata website, particularly support areas

Jim,

Again, submitting the help request via the IDV would be most helpful
to retrieve diagnostics from your machine.

At any rate, it looks like you are using the wrong version of
Java. For IDV < 5.0 you need to be using Java 6. We will be rolling
out IDV 5.0 shortly which will run on Java 7.

Please let us know if you encounter additional problems.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

Ticket ID: HOP-918258