[IDV #HNV-313977]: Applying rotation transformations to radar data

Hi Doug,
This is Jeff.

> > Description of problem: We would like to be able to rotate DORADE radar
> > data in IDV, by adding a fixed rotation angle to each ray.  This feature
> > would be useful to properly orientate mobile radars in the field using
> > ground clutter, overlaid on road data.  The operator could adjust the
> > rotation angle until the clutter matched the road pattern.
> >
> > Could you recommend the most appropriate way we could do this?  Editing the
> > files outside of IDV and replotting them would be pretty clunky.  I was
> > hoping we could use a formula to apply the transformation to each radial in
> > the data.

I put together some jython code and a formula ("rotateRadar") and they are in
the attached plugin.
There was a small problem in our underlying radar data that I have fixed so you
will need to get tonight's nightly build for this to run. Just install the
plugin (through Tools->Plugin manager -File menu).
The rotateRadar formula prompts the user for an angle  (degrees) and a radar
field. Select one of the specific elevation fields (e.g, 0.5 degree
reflectivity) - not the fill volume.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: HNV-313977
Department: Support IDV