[IDV #OSA-271261]: Problem with bundle - UnitException & Java heap space

Hi Rich,

> I can load this uri in IDV 2.4:
> http://hycom.coaps.fsu.edu/thredds/dodsC/atl_ops
> as a data source from web, uncheck the default times and choose just 1
> time step, select the temperature variable, and select a color shaded
> plan view display, and everything goes smoothly.
>
> I then save the bundle with all boxes checked (except save Jython).
>
> But when I load this bundle:
> http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/models/share/hycom.xidv
>
> I first get this error:

The problem is that the vertical level unit is a scaled unit (-1.0 m). It looks
like we do not support the xml encoding to a bundle of a scaled unit (well,
actually its the decoding to the object that fails).

The out of memory error is because we degrade gracefully and you end up having
an undefined level for the display control and it tries to read the full
volume. I'm working on a fix.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: OSA-271261
Department: Support IDV