[IDV #CVW-281659]: changing remote data source quickly and easily

> Would I be too lazy and looking for trouble to always use the command
> line argument: idv -Dcontrol.ignoreerrors=true  ?
I don't know about being lazy but you would be looking for trouble. I assume
the need for this function does not happen very often and with it on all of the
time you'd have unintended consequences.

> In the back of my mind I remember how easy it was in McIdas to change
> the  server configuration and then reload a batch file. Can't do that in
> the IDV since the server info is within the bundle? I guess you would
> have to separate the two steps to make this simple?

Yes. We have given it some thought - the idea of easily switching servers. The
problem is that we need to have mirrors of the data and some infrastructure to
figure out what server should be used. (i.e., its not a simple IDV hack to add
this).

> Is it possible while loading a bundle to test for unavailable datasets
> and some data errors, then start a dialogue to replace them if
> appropriate? Wishful thinking?

Thats a good idea. A general solution might be tricky but there probably is
some low hanging fruit. We'll think about this.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: CVW-281659
Department: Support IDV