[IDV #NPN-807773]: problem with ESRI shapefile

> Hi Jeff...
>
> I was trying to plot the "Countries" shp file in this archive:
>
> <ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/ssec/tomw/esri.zip>
>
> and got an exception.  I had unzipped the file, and aimed the IDV at
> the .shp file.  The "Rivers" one worked file, but "Roads" did not,
> either.

Hi Tom,
This is fixed now. The problem was that that one shapefile had one multi-part
feature which is created as a UnionSet. Normally the features are created as  a
MapSet. The MapSet is used to hold the attribute values from the dbf file. The
code assumed that all features were MapSet objects  -thus the class cast
exception.

I am checking in a fix right now.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: NPN-807773