[IDV #CVW-281659]: changing remote data source quickly and easily

> Description of problem: Recently, I loaded a bundle file into the IDV and
> found that a remote data source was
> not available. It is an adde server with satelite data.
>
> The dataset is 'limited' in time and space to speed up access, and my display
> is
> sufficiently complex; so I do not want to copy down all the details and
> re-enter them.
> I would like to be able to just point  to another server and create the
> display.
> Right now, this does not seem easy to do. What is the easiest solution to
> this situation ?

Hi Bill,
Late this past Fall we added the ability to change the data a data source
points to by right-clicking on the
data source in the field selector and choosing "Change Data".  This brings up
the data chooser in a modal dialog
and allows you to choose a new source.

That said - the problem is in the displays in your bundle. When you first load
up the original bundle the data source is in error and the displays won't be
created. You can go and change the data source to point to something that works
but the displays aren't there.  We'll have to figure something out to deal with
this scenario.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: CVW-281659
Department: Support IDV