[IDV #ZOG-793701]: Attempting to convert a wmo file to netcdf and load in IDV

Hi Marty-

> Yes, this does work with no problems. The reason I was trying to load it
> using the "File" tab is because we are wanting to include this data on our
> THREDDS server as part of a case study. I figured if I can get data to load
> in using the "File" tab, it will work with THREDDS. We are trying to do this
> for the Storm of the Century dataset from COMET. We got a gempak file to
> serve through THREDDS by setting the server type as "http server". We were
> then able to load this file into IDV.

That will not work because we have not THREDDS  data model for
upper air data yet.

> So it seems that due to this issue with the upper air data, as well as not
> being able to load in satellite animations through THREDDS, we will need to
> split our case into two parts - some served by THREDDS and some served by
> ADDE. We were hoping that THREDDS would be able to serve all this up to the
> IDV. Will this be possible in the future?

At this point, you will have to divide between ADDE and TDS.  The
goal is that eventually everything we can serve up with ADDE (and more)
will be served up through the TDS.  It would be good for you to
document what you were able to do and not do and have Lee bring
that up at the User's Committee meeting in April.

Don

Ticket ID: ZOG-793701
Department: Support IDV