[IDV #NJI-781887]: Scripting over time

Hi Patrick,
Your request seems to have gotten lost in the support inbox over the holidays.

> I have successfully created coulds from some GCM precip output
> over a Globe View from an PathFinder image. Thanks for the help.
>
> This is now OK for one time step.
> If I load the all the time steps of the variable, I get a Java memory error
> (IDV is launched with java -Xmx1200m).
> If I try with few (5) of the them, IDV goes for ever in a refresh mode.
What do you mean by "refresh mode"?

> I have tried to use scripting mode with an isl file.
> But how to produce an image for each time steps ?
> Insert times="0:10:2" in the bundle tag has not the desired effect.
This just tells the data source to only load in those times. It doesn't
actually step through each time.

A solution to this is to turn on disk caching on the data source. Go to the
Properties dialog for the grid data source. There should be a "Always cache to
disk" checkbox. Check that on. We recently fixed some problems with this so you
should try the nightly build. More info on this is here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2077&#2077

> All materials for test is available from:
> http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/idv/test05/
>
> Thank you again for your very efficient support
> and merry christmas  to all.
> Patrick

Ticket ID: NJI-781887
Department: Support IDV