[IDV #GWF-940554]: IDV - point data text files

Alan,

> >> What do you mean by decimal hours? What is 0065?
> The file contains 0065, but really means 00.65 hours (rather than minutes).
> So I have something like this:
> 20071211,1250
> The 1250 means 12.50 hours, or 12:30 UTC
> So, will this parsing work?
> Time[fmt="yyyyMMdd HHHH" colspan="2" scale="0.01"]

Unfortunately no.  However, I've just implemented something that extends the
date parsing and allows for the specification of a decimal hour format, e.g.
dh1,dh2, dh3, dh4, etc. The number refers to how many decimal points there are.
So for your data you can use the format:
Time[fmt="yyyyMMdd dh2" ...]
For now the dh2 needs to be at the end of the fmt string. This will be
available in tonight's build.

Drop a line if you have any problems with this.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: GWF-940554
Department: Support IDV