[IDV #MKF-468999]: IDV - where my grib1 data display is nothing

Hi-

> Institution: CMA
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.6.0_02
> version: 1.6.0_02 j3d:1.5.1 fcs (build6)
> Inquiry: I write a tab file for my grib2 file, and add it to the
> tablelookup.lst file, now it  can load the data without error,
> but the display has nothing, I think it is not correct, but it doesnot have
> anything information,can you tell me
> the reason, and what I need to do to display correct.
> file1 is the grib1 file;
> file2 is the tab file;

The problem is that the level information is listed as 9999 hPa.
The default transformation of pressure to height using the
standard atmosphere does not have a value for 9999 hPa.  If you
use the Edit->Preferences menu and go to the Formats tab
in the preferences, you can change to use the Vis5D transformation
which uses a logarithmic scale.  You'll need to reload the
data to have that take effect.  If you do that, the values
get plotted below the 3D box.    Also, the missing values
are showing up as 999 so the color scale and contour intervals
will be very large.

I would suggest not having a level (if this is surface data)
and setting the missing values to standard grib values for
missing data.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: MKF-468999
Department: Support IDV