[IDV #UAJ-640027]: IDV - java3D version

Hi Tyn-

> Institution: ITC
> Package Version: 2.4b1 build date:2007-10-15 07:05 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware Information: Java: home: /usr/lib/jvm/ia32-java-6-sun-1.6.0.00/jre
> version: 1.6.0 j3d:1.3.1
> Inquiry: Hi Don,
>
> i also seem to get a grey image screen with an Intel GMA 950 (under linux),
> similair to what was discussed here:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/idvusers/2006-September/000186.html
>
> Also in my case (nightly build) the java3D.jnlp claims to be 1.3.2,
> but IDV (About->System) says it is 1.3.1

In that thread, updating to the non-beta version of Java 3D fixed Heiko's
problem.  That's the same version of Java 3D that you are using.  The
About->System shows the correct version.  Linux is the only system we
don't use Java 1.3.2+ because of issues that we ran into.  1.5.1 presents
problems since not all Linux systems support the versions of GLX that
are needed.  Do you get the grey screen if you install and run the
Linux version of the installer instead of WebStart?  Try the one labeled
with the latest Java 3D.

> Is it possible to use the latest java3D build in your nighlty release:
> see
> http://download.java.net/media/java3d/webstart/release/

I'll run some tests to see if we can do that.

Don

Ticket ID: UAJ-640027
Department: Support IDV